LASA’s Online Professional Development Program has been designed to meet the shifting needs of the age services industry and we are continually adding new education and programs to our schedule. The online delivery model presents a simulated classroom experience through the use of live video functionality. A virtual meeting room enables you to interact in real time with the facilitator and other participants providing valuable peer to peer learning and a fully supported experience. We have broken our courses down into short sessions to enable minimal interruption to your working day and make attendance easily accessible from any location in Australia. All participants are issued a certificate of attendance with CPD points upon completion. So, jump online and register now to expand your knowledge!
Gain the knowledge and skills to monitor Work Health and Safety in your organisation.
This interactive online workshop has been specifically designed for the age services industry by the C-Suite Safety Solutions, in collaboration with Leading Age Services Australia (LASA), to inform participants of their obligations as Officers and Directors of a Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU).
The program is focused on Safety Governance that participants must be aware of as part of their legal duty of care as an Executive Director or Non-Executive Director of a corporation in Australia.
- Be introduced to your Work Health and Safety Duty of Care.
- Examine the safety obligations of key people.
- Examine the essential requirements of a Safety Management System (SMS).
- Discuss the factors that impact on culture.
- Examine the various methods of reviewing your governance framework.
- Discuss ways of working to establish a robust method of governance.
Key Learning Outcomes:
After completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand how to delegate responsibility to ensure you meet you legal obligations.
- Employ the essential skills to meet your duty of care.
- Establish objectives and key indicators for work health and safety Governance.
- Establish a robust method to review work health and safety performance.
- Be introduced to the ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Standard, and
- Identify the key factors that impact on safety culture.
Who should attend:
This program is suitable for Executive Directors, Executive Leadership or Non-Executive Director roles. Leaders of people in service roles who are attend this training will benefit from gaining a deeper insight into work health and safety best practice.
This workshop will be conducted online as an interactive workshop in 1 x 2.5 hour session with suitable breaks. Each session will be limited to 15 participants for optimal learning outcomes. A workbook and further information will be sent to participants prior to the commencement of the workshop.
Participants must to be logged in 1-person per device. We use Zoom and camera with microphone is required. These sessions involve interactive networking and breakout rooms, which means participation is limited to one person per device. If you have any questions about this workshop or cannot meet the above requirements, please contact LASA Events email@example.com before purchasing. Participants who join on the day that cannot meet these requirements may not be able to participate in the session and refunds cannot be guaranteed.
All participants completing the course will receive a certificate of attendance.
LASA Member: $275 inc GST
Non-Member: $440 inc GST