THE AGED CARE QUALITY STANDARDS ARE COMING!
LASA is supporting Members to transition successfully
From 1 July 2019, a new single set of standards called the Aged Care Quality Standards, developed as part of the Single Quality Framework, will replace the:
- Accreditation Standards
- Home Care Standards
- Transition Care Standards
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program Quality Framework Standards
The Aged Care Quality Standards will apply to all aged care services including residential care, home care, flexible care and services under the Commonwealth Home Support Program.
LASA has been building expertise in the new standards to support our Members to transition effectively. We will:
- Deliver webinar opportunities for Members
- Provide overview presentations at regional forums and other Member engagements
- Offer Masterclasses on request
Following the release of more details by the Government over the coming months, LASA will offer Members:
- A Policy and Procedures Manual – Members can buy with confidence a set of Policy and Procedures aligned to the quality standards and focus on achieving high quality outcomes for consumers.
- Quality audits and continuous improvement planning to align with the new standards – LASA can conduct a quality audit and continuous improvement planning that will mimic the process a Member may encounter from the Agency, with a view to identifying areas for continuous improvement.
- A ‘friendly’ unannounced visit for compliance auditing – Don’t get caught out by the unannounced visit regime. Have your systems, processes, policies and people ‘audited’ by LASA on a scheduled basis to improve quality outcomes for your consumers.
- Organisation transition consulting – LASA consultants can support you to understand the gaps in your current approaches, create a plan for transformation and help you implement the necessary changes from a whole-of-organisation perspective.
- Governance workshops – LASA in partnership with the Governance Institute of Australia can provide governance in aged care training to support you to not only meet but surpass the quality standard requirements..
For more information or to register your interest in our webinars, masterclasses, or governance workshops please contact 1300 111 636 or email@example.com
For more information or to register your interest in our policy and procedures manual, quality audits and continuous improvement planning, friendly unannounced visits and/or organisation transition consulting, please contact 1300 111 636 or firstname.lastname@example.org