THE SINGLE AGED CARE QUALITY FRAMEWORK HAS ARRIVED!
LASA is supporting Members to transition successfully to the SACQF
From 1 July 2019, a new single set of standards called the Aged Care Quality Standards, developed as part of the Single Quality Framework, will replace the:
- Accreditation Standards
- Home Care Standards
- Transition Care Standards
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program Quality Framework Standards
The Aged Care Quality Standards will apply to all aged care services including residential care, home care, flexible care and services under the Commonwealth Home Support Program.
LASA has been building expertise to support our Members to transition effectively to the new standards. LASA will:
- Deliver SACQF webinar opportunities for Members
- Offer SACQF Masterclasses
- Provide SACQF overview presentations at regional forums, other member engagements, and on request.
Following the release of more details by the Government over the coming months, LASA will:
- Develop a SACQF compliant Policy and Procedures Manual – buy with confidence and have a set of policies and procedures that will ensure they are compliant with the new requirements.
- Conduct compliance audits and planning to the new standards – have LASA conduct a compliance audit and planning to standards service. LASA will mimic the process that a member may encounter from the Agency, but with a view to helping and not sanctioning.
- Conduct a ‘friendly’ unannounced visit for compliance auditing – don’t get caught out by the unannounced visit regime. Have your systems, processes, policies and people ‘audited’ by LASA on a scheduled basis to maintain compliant operating conditions at all times.
- Deliver Governance workshops – be on top of your corporate and clinical governance requirements to maintain your licence to operate under the new standards. LASA can deliver governance training to SACQF requirements.
For more information please contact 1300 111 636 or firstname.lastname@example.org