- This event has passed.
Webinar on Regulation of Restrictive Practices / Restraint 18 June 2021
18 June 2021 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Government has recently published legislative changes to the way that restraint and restrictive practices are regulated in aged care. These changes commence 1 July, leaving very little time for the sector to comply. LASA has expressed these concerns to government and to the senate committee examining this legislation.
On Friday 18 June LASA will present a webinar on the regulation of restrictive practices/ restraint. This webinar will enable members to engage with peers and relevant the practice changes that may be needed to ensure compliance. Throughout the session the focus will be on:
- Advocacy update
- Identifying restrictive practices vs restraint
- Developing behaviour support plans
- Ensuring appropriate consent arrangements
- Answers to other frequently asked questions
Please submit questions you would like addressed to email@example.com or post them on the CoP.
Who should attend?
Board Chair, Board Directors, EOs, COOs, General Managers & Executives, quality and compliance managers from the Residential, Care sector
- Alison Choy Flannigan, Partner, Hall & Wilcox
- Tracey Duke, Residential Specialist, LASA
- Craig Gear, CEO, OPAN
- Victor Harcourt, Principal, Russell Kennedy Lawyers
- Tim Hicks, General Manager Policy and Advocacy, LASA
- Megan Osborne, NSW Public Guardian
- Sabine Phillips AM, Partner HWL Ebsworth Lawyers
- Kaele Stokes, Executive Director Advocacy and Research, Dementia Australia.