It’s been a jam-packed 24 months with a global pandemic, multiple lock-downs, a vaccination rollout and more, but through it all I could depend on my Next Gen tribe and I would not have had it any other way.
The LASA Next Gen Community is something more than just a tribe or professional network, we are a family joined through our affiliation to an industry which is going through complex change. This unprecedented growth and opportunity that has bought us all together with one common goal, to ensure the changing face of aged care is recognised and our career pathways are seen as dynamic, innovative and life-changing opportunities.
Coming from a smaller regional city it was hard to find others in the age services industry around a similar age to me, not to mention a similar position. It is through LASA Next Gen and industry forums that I have found like-minded professionals that I can go to for advice, an ear to listen, or someone to have a laugh with when things are stressful.
LASA Next Gen has given me so much both professionally and personally and I could not recommend joining a tribe like this highly enough. In an industry such as ours having a network of professionals from diverse backgrounds and all walks of like can only positively impact everyone.
If you (or a young leader you know) are interested in becoming a LASA Next Gen Ambassador, apply to become an Ambassador today.
LASA Next Gen Ambassadors are
- Young age service professionals and role models
- Clinical and non-clinical professionals working across a variety of leadership roles
- Passionate and seek to be actively involved in discussions affecting the future of the age services sector
What do LASA Next Gen Ambassadors do?
- Regularly attend meetings and support LASA Next Gen initiatives
- Provide advice and insights on issues affecting them and their peers
- Identify innovative projects and events to support young industry professionals, based on identified areas of strategic interest
- Supported to share their expertise and passion for Aged Services through industry presentations, articles, interviews and more
Applications to become a LASA Next Gen Ambassador are open! So come on, come join our tribe!
Applications open: Monday 31 May, 2021
Online Information session: 22 June 2021, 10amAEST – register here
Applications close: Midnight, Sunday 27 June 2021
Applicants notified of outcome: Friday 30 July
Apply now > https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JBJBGV7
Jamie Langdon is the Deputy Chair Next Gen Ambassador Council and Communications Manager at Benevolent Living