On 6 January 2020, the Fair Work Commission published a Background Paper in respect of Tranche 2 of the Modern Award Review Proceedings. The Tranche 2 claims which are being pressed by the parties include:
- Variation to the client cancellation clause;
- Minimum engagements;
- Shift cancellation;
- Remote response work;
- Broken Shift penalty
- Telephone allowance;
- Overtime for part time and casual workers beyond rostered hours/8 hours;
- Paid travel time;
- Uniform/damaged clothing allowance;
- Variation to rosters clause
- Recall to work overtime away from the workplace;
- Recall to work
- Mobile phone allowance.
The Background Paper posed a number of questions to parties which the Commission required to be addressed in final written submissions that were due 7 February 2020. LASA has filed its final written submission and is preparing to appear before the Commission on members’ behalf on 11 March 2020. We will update members on this matter following the final hearing.