Our industry today needs leaders with the right skills and outlook to shape aged care transformation in Australia. The Innovation Managers’ Program we’ve designed consists of an interactive series of five modules that will teach you the essential skills to create, implement, commercialise, and communicate your innovation ideas. Our live online workshops and innovation coaching sessions will help engage, motivate and inspire, and give you opportunities to put your learning into practice. Discounts are available for groups of 3 or more – please email email@example.com to organise your group discount.
Earn Formal LASA Recognition
You’ll receive a certificate of completion for each module and, on successful completion of all five units, you’ll receive a LASA Age Services Innovation Manager certificate and be listed on the innovAGEING online Recognised Aged Services Innovation Managers roster. To maintain your standing as a recognised LASA Innovation Manager, and as part of LASA’s commitment to your continuous professional development, you’ll need to participate in five innovAGEING initiatives (such as events, webinars and National Awards).
- Be formally recognised by LASA as an Age Services Innovation Manager.
- Learn from LASA’s best in age services innovation.
- Receive personal feedback and coaching from LASA’s Head of innovAGEING.
- Experience innovation content customised for the age services industry.
- Access age services case studies.
- Access online content developed by innovation leaders in the age services industry.
- Participate in LASA’s innovAGEING age services innovation network.
- Use your learning as a contribution towards Continuing Professional Development.
Who Should Enrol?
- Managers leading innovation projects and initiatives, or planning to do so.
- People wanting to better understand the age service innovation landscape.
- Innovation, marketing, communications and project management teams.
- Age services sector entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs.
Your Program Facilitator
As the Interim Director of LASA’s Centre for Workforce Development & Innovation, Merlin Kong has oversight of LASA’s innovation and workforce activities, including innovAGEING, LASA NEXT Gen and the LASA Mentoring Program. Having spent the last four years facilitating and advocating for change through innovation in the sector, Merlin was nationally recognised as one of 13 Association Influencers in 2021 by the Australasian Society of Association Executives, and LASA’s innovAGEING network was mentioned in the Australian Financial Review’s top 50 most innovative companies in Australia and New Zealand list (5th in the Government, Education, and Not-for-Profit category). Committed to sharing his experience with others, Merlin actively volunteers his time mentoring entrepreneurs and aspiring sector leaders. He has taught innovation and entrepreneurship at the Australian National University, and is a TEDx speaker.
|Module 1: Business Model Design||11 & 12 April 2022|
|Module 2: Empathise and Prototype||4 & 5 May 2022|
|Module 3: Leading Innovation||8 & 9 June 2022|
|Module 4: Marketing Innovation||6 & 7 July 2022|
|Module 5: Innovation Capstone *can only be taken when Modules 1-4 have been completed||3 & 4 August 2022|
Each unit includes a combination of virtual hands-on workshop, online learning discussion, group project and coaching sessions with course facilitator (2 sessions minimum).
Cost (discounts available for groups of 3 or more – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise)
|LASA Member:||$2,950.00 inc GST for all 5 modules|
|$780.00 inc GST per module|
|Non Member:||$3,500.00 inc GST for all 5 modules|
|$880.00 inc GST per module|
Discounts are available for groups of three or more – to organise please contact email@example.com