Board Directors play a key role in the success of organisations. LASA Directors, individually and collectively, contribute to both LASA’s performance and our industry’s leadership. They influence the future direction of our organisation and contribute to enabling a high performing, respected and sustainable age services industry, delivering affordable, accessible, quality care and services for older Australians.
The following LASA Director position is open for nominations:
With the maturation and growth of LASA following the unification of the previously federated LASA state-based organisations in 2016, the LASA Board of Directors is seeking to appoint an additional Independent Director to join its passionate, collaborative and skilled Board of Directors for a three year term.
Under the LASA Constitution, an Independent Director is a person appointed to the Board who must not be an officer of a LASA Member and who possesses qualifications and experience in any discipline, profession or field of knowledge that Directors determine are beneficial to the Board/LASA.
For the avoidance of doubt, nominees for an Independent Director position must not be an officer of a LASA Member. This exclusion includes both Board Members and employees. Representatives of LASA Affiliates are eligible to apply.
LASA is calling for nominations from candidates outside the Membership of LASA with attributes and specific skills as follows:
- A demonstrated understanding of corporate governance principles and financial literacy to the level expected of a director;
- An ability to think strategically and be an active and productive participant in Board discussions;
- High standards of professionalism, integrity and objectivity;
- Sound commercial judgement, instinct and acumen, with an ability to synthesize detailed and complex information; and
- Knowledge of the age care industry (or willingness and ability to acquire knowledge in this sector).
Specific skills and experience
In addition to meeting the general attributes above, the Board is specifically seeking candidates who:
- Have significant Board leadership and chairperson experience and knowledge of board governance functions, practices and processes; and
- Meet one or more of the following attributes:
- Specialist expertise in media / marketing / branding;
- Specialist expertise in Information and Communications Technology; and/or
- Experience on ASX public company boards and for-profit boards.
The Call for Nominations from Dr Graeme Blackman AO, LASA Chairman, contains further information on the Independent Director position, including eligibility requirements, attributes sought and the process for nomination and appointment. Included within the document are links to the Independent Director Nomination Form and a supporting document Information for Prospective Nominees for the Position of Independent Director which provides information relevant to Directorship of LASA which should be considered by prospective nominees.
The deadline for nominations is 5.00pm on Tuesday 11 June 2019.
Nominations (including a completed nomination form, current CV and Statement of Suitability) should be emailed to: Company Secretary, Leading Age Services Australia C/o Board Secretary, Alice Macklin: firstname.lastname@example.org