- This event has passed.
Support Planning & Ongoing Support of Residents (Melbourne, VIC)
13 June 2019 @ 10:00 am - 14 June 2019 @ 3:00 pm
TWO DAY WORKSHOP - 13 & 14 June 2019
This 2-day intensive workshop focuses on:
• communication skills for support planning
• the legislation in relation to support plans and the delivery of support
• developing support plans which meet the support needs of residents
• increasing self-awareness of own values and skills, to facilitate improved understanding of residents’ needs.
Opportunities are provided for participants to take part in:
• group exercises, class discussions and role plays
• devising and writing a support plan
• experiential based learning activities to support self-reflection and promote empathy
• participants are encouraged to share their experiences of working with residents in SRS (confidentiality is observed), these examples are used as a basis for learning.
Participants are encouraged to bring a de-identified copy of the current support plan template in use at your SRS.