- This event has passed.
Aged Care Funding Instrument Masterclass (Sydney, NSW)
21 February 2019 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
|Date:||21 February 2019|
|Time:||9:30am - 3:30pm|
|State:||New South Wales|
|Venue:||Level 8, 418A Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills|
|Registration Fees:||LASA Member: $450, Non Member $550|
- Are ACFI Answer Appraisal Packs being completed correctly?
- Are your staff confident that they are claiming the most appropriate subsidies for each resident?
- Do your staff understand the ACFI Business Rules that impact on how a resident will be assessed and if this will attract the correct subsidy in a timely manner?
- Are you surviving ACFI validations or are you being downgraded on claims?
If your staff are unsure of any aspects of ACFI then this workshop is what they need!
This practical workshop is designed to provide realistic and relevant information to assist aged care facilities obtain the most accurate and appropriate funding for their residents.
Who should attend this workshop?
Directors and Deputy Directors of Nursing, Registered and Enrolled Nurses, Care Staff and others interested in the clinical requirements and associated fee structures for ACFI. Those staff involved in the Application for Classification and validation process.
Objectives of the workshop include:
- Understanding the clinical aspects of ACFI
- Providing realistic and useful information to assist in obtaining the most accurate and appropriate funding for residents
- Discussing resident assessment
- Discussing the requirements for comprehensive documentation which includes care planning, ACFI and accreditation expectations
- Discussing the validation process
Leigh Welling is a Registered Nurse, Workplace Assessor and Trainer, pilot with experience in acute and aged care management. From 1985 to 2000 as proprietor/D.O.N. of Gleneagles Aged Care, Bendigo. Leigh has been consulting, training and assisting aged care staff and Managers/Proprietors since 1998. Specialist areas are ACFI subsidy funding and Care Planning. Leigh is contracted by LASA - National to provide training and consulting Australia wide.