- This event has passed.
How to Meet the New Standards in Residential Care through CDC (NSW)
9 August 2019 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
|Date:||Friday, 9 August 2019|
|State:||New South Wales|
|Venue:||LASA Sydney Office|
Suite 1 Level 9, 1 Oxford Street, Darlinghurst 2010
|Registration Fees:||LASA Member: $450, Non Member $550|
|Category:||Customer Service Workshop|
This workshop focuses on the new single aged care quality standards that will be in effect from 1st July 2019.
The foundation of the new standards is consumer choice and, in many cases, the current service models in residential care will struggle to meet this new standard. New models, systems and processes are required so Aged Care Providers can meet this foundation standard.
This workshop has been designed using real world examples in which Aged Care Providers have implemented a consumer choice model and are now able to meet the new standards.
The workshop will provide:
- Practical hints, tips & tools available to ensure your organisation meets the new consumer choice standard one.
- Outlines the changes that need to be made to culture and tools to do so.
- Demonstrates how to provide services in a financially sustainable manner where choice is given.
The new standards have now become law and all providers in aged care will be required to meet these as from the 1st of July 2019.
The foundation standard is Standard 1 which filters through each of the other standards. The ability for residential providers to meet this standard will rely on them clearly demonstrate they are giving the consumers genuine choice.
Given the changes being made to aged care and the upcoming royal commission there will be further pressure on the sector to demonstrate it is meeting consumer choice, independence and dignity.
The workshop builds on 3 years of research of how to provide genuine choice to consumers. The workshop will supply the necessary tools to demonstrate this standard is being met.
These tools cover the systems used for the Service, Engagement and Financial operations.
Who Should Attend?
CEO’s, Director of Care Services, Quality Managers, Senior Managers of Services, Finance Managers, Accountants and General Providers of services to Aged Care.
The Workshop is a 1 Day Session and Covers the Following:
- What choice means in residential care based on real world experiences
- How to provide choice to consumers within the resources available
- The changes an organisation needs to make to their culture to meet the standards
- The financial, service and engagement tools and models required
- How to provide the necessary documentation trail to demonstrate choice is provided.
The Benefits of the workshop include:
- Gaining an understanding of how choice can be provided, and the standards met
- Gaining an understanding how to implement choice
- The tools, systems and models you can use for the service, engagement and finances
- How to demonstrate transparency of choice and significantly reduce complaints
- How to operate a financially sustainable model under the new standards.
Mark Sheldon-Stemm currently works with several Aged Care organizations and has worked in the sector for 20 years at CEO and CFO level. He has been responsible for the introduction of a number of systems into aged care with the latest being the Consumer Directed Care models used by some aged care providers. He is a qualified Accountant and Systems Analyst and specializes in developing business systems that will cater for the changes being made to aged care. He has formal qualifications in Commerce, Social Science, Computer Science, Economics and Strategic Foresight.