Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) Masterclass (Brisbane, QLD)
14 May 2019 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Date:||14 May 2019|
|Time:||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Venue:||6 Pavilions Close Jindalee|
|Registration Fees:||LASA Member: $450 ex GST, LASA Non Member $550 ex GST|
A dynamic workshop to cover thoroughly all key aspects of ACFI subsidy funding. Topics covered include where ACFI fits into the Care Planning Circle, the select care delivered by staff that contributes to an ACFI score. Detailed discussion on all the twelve (12) ACFI questions and associated business rules that matter. Also an update on any changes to ACFI and a brief review of future aged care funding proposals before government. Documentation required to support the ACFI claim is crucial and must meet the expectations of the department at a validation. Common errors are covered in depth too. This complex subject is presented in a down to earth practical language that all participants will understand. There is also ample opportunity for questions and answers.
Outcome of course:
- In depth discussion on the 12 ACFI questions including what documentation is expected at an ACFI validation
- Business rules that matter!
- How to ethically optimise ACFI claim
- Suggestions on managing ACFI in the workplace
- ACFI Validation - preparing for and performing well- how to avoid common errors and omissions
- Questions and Answers session
- All the changes to ACFI that came into effect January 2017, fully explained, including options to manager
Who Should Attend?
If you are an ACFI coordinator, care manager, a senior staff member, an allied health professional, a registered nurse or an enrolled nurse, this dynamic workshop is designed for you. You will gain advanced ACFI knowledge and skills, which you will be able to immediately apply in the workplace to ethically optimise funding.
Leigh Welling has been consulting, training and assisting aged care staff and Manager/ Proprietors since 1985. In 1998, he became a full time consultant and hold a certificate IV in work place Assessment and Training. Leigh is the Principal ACFI consultant for Leading Age Services Australia.