Certificate in Governance Practice
This Certificate provides participants with the foundations of good governance whilst allowing the flexibility to learn online with a cohort of their peers in their state. As its name suggests, it is essential to understand the principles of governance, and the responsibilities of all stakeholders (such as the board of directors, managers, shareholders, creditors, auditors, regulators and others) to ensure that a mechanism for monitoring the actions, policies and decisions of organisations is maintained.
- Governance Essentials
- Duties of Officers and Directors
- Assessing Analysing and Treating Risk
- Financial Analysis for Officers and Directors
- Business Continuity and Reputation Risk
- Risk Management Essentials
Aged and Healthcare is now the forefront focus of the community and governments on a global basis due to the Covid 19 Pandemic and its associated impact on these sectors. The requirement for organisational performance driven by good governance practise has never been more important to:
- ensure patients and care recipients receive safe, good-quality service
- clearly allocate responsibility within the organisation
- carry out good financial management
- ensure all officers and directors understand their obligations and regulatory compliance requirements
- measure and mitigate risk with a quality risk management structure
- ensure your Board and Executive Managers are accredited Governance professionals
All LASA members who complete the Certificate in Governance Practice are eligible to receive a one year Subscriber Package to Governance Institute, accessing Governance Institute Resource Centre to download governance guidelines, best practise documents and technical booklets as well as subscriber discount pricing for all Governance Institute events, webinars and training. Upon completion of the Certificate, students opting to become Governance Institute members are entitled to use the GIA(Alliance) post nominals recognising governance accreditation.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for directors, company secretaries, risk managers and other senior managers.
Delivery Dates: Wednesday 5th August 2020, Wednesday 12th August 2020 & Wednesday 19th August 2020.
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Study Hours: 21
CPD points: 21
Attendance: The certificate is delivered online. Join from your computer tablet or smart phone.
Class sizes are capped and participants must attend all three sessions. Sessions are conducted live and recordings will not be provided. Participants must register for their states session.
To graduate from a Certificate, you must complete and pass the online multiple choice exams for each of the six units required for your Certificate, within a 12-month period.